This month I will be doing a A to Z Wholeness Blogging Challenge! I really enjoyed doing the Poem A Day Challenge this summer and I think doing another challenge would be a great way to get back to posting on a regular basis. The title of this blog is Wholeness4Love because I wanted to focus on all aspects of wholeness: physical health, spiritual well-being, emotional healing, social justice and creative expression. For my blogging challenge my main focus will be wholeness in the area of health. Personally I am on my journey to holistic health and though I am no expert as I learn I want to pass the information on. As we end the year I believe in cleansing, cleaning and purifying so you can enter the New Year cleared, revved- up and ready to go! I invite you to join me on this journey by reading the post and doing an A to Z Challenge of your own!
A is for APPLE!
I know many of us may take Apples for grated because they are more common than super foods such as Acai but there are many health benefits that result from eating apples, proving that the saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” true!
I love Apples and all things apple related such as: Apple Cider, Apple Cider Vinegar (which has a host of health benefits), apple sauce, etc. Below are a few health benefits of apples:
- Apples are a tasty way to stay full.
- Apples lower cholesterol.
- Apples are chock full of fiber.
- Apples help prevent type 2 diabetes.
5.Eating apples stimulates the production of saliva which reduces tooth decay.
6. Eating apples helps to reduce the risk of many types of cancers.
7. Apples prevent gallstones because of their high fiber content.
8. Apples boost the immune system, which will come in handy as we go into the winter season.
For more information on the health benefits of apples see the article and video below! Be Blessed!
6 Serious Health Benefits of Apples by By Kerri-Ann Jennings, Associate Nutrition Editor for EatingWell Magazine.
“Remember Life is for Living and Love is a Choice!”
- Apple Pickin’ – Harvest Some Healthy Super Fruit (massageenvy.com)
- apple cider vinegar uses (naturalhealthezine.com)
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away (naturalhealthezine.com)