Thanks to Mahogany over at Crazy Fun Sexy Guide: For Women I was nominated for Liebster Blog Award!!! I also found out that I have 100 followers today! I am grateful for everyone who reads and follows this blog. I have been busy but I will be making regular post soon I promise. Stay tuned for some Advent (Christmas) reflections and interviews to encourage you during this crazy time of year! Be Blessed.
It’s an award that was reputedly started in Germany in order to give smaller bloggers recognition for their hard work. You receive this award from a fellow blogger that feels your blog is both worthy & important to them.
The rules are:
1) Post eleven facts about yourself.
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
3) Choose eleven people to give this award to (with fewer than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
4) Go to their page and tell them.
5) Remember, no tag backs.
And the 11 fact about me are:
1. I was born and raised in East New York Brooklyn.
2. I love chocolate.
3. I attended a Big Ten College and love college football.
4. Growing-up I loved reading the Sweet Valley High series.
5. I want a kitten but am allergic ):
6. I was born with a twin brother but he passed away at birth.
7. I am a political lobbyist as apart of my job but for the poor.
8. I have written two magazine cover articles for Sojourners Magazine.
9. I have studied Theatre.
10. One of my favorite authors is Erich Segal.
11. I have 5 siblings: 4 brothers and 1 sister.
The 11 Blogs I nominate are:
- Art illumina
- Street Prophets
- Perspective is Everything
- Cracks of Light
- Diary of a Redeemed Sinner
- Empty Bottles of 8
- From the Queen’s Mind
- NaijaWed N More
- Not-So-Patiently Waiting for His Love
- The Shield About Me-Testimony of a survivor of a violent crime & Catholic Speaker
Questions from Mahogany:
1. Would you take one of my classes online if they were free (hehe, selfish plug)? Yes!!!!
2. What is your greatest achievement? Overcoming a difficult childhood but still believing in Love & Hope.
3.What are you grateful for? Being a friend of God.
4.What is something NEW you’d like to do in the next 24hrs? Belly Dance.
5. How are you feeling right now? Grateful.
6. Are you where you want to be in life? No but I am in route to being where I want to be.
7. Do you like fruit or veggies both or neither? Both.
8. What are you an expert in? Intuition and Social Justice.
9. Who’s is your go to person, in challenging times? Jesus.
10. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? In between but I usually lean towards optimism.
11. Who is your go to guru? Many- whoever Jesus puts into my path.
Questions for the Bloggers I Nominated:
- What is your favorite season?
- What is your favorite book?
- Why did you start your blog?
- Where is your dream vacation destination?
- Are you into politics?
- Fruits or veggies?
- Are you looking forward to 2013?
- What do you like to do on a lazy Sunday?
- What is your favorite color?
- How many siblings do you have?
- What is your favorite food?
- Nomination for the Liebster Award (healthnutnutrition.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award=Middle School Teachers are the BEST! (teacherlingo.com)
- Liebster Award (thegirlinyogapants.com)